Thursday, October 14, 2010

Business, business...

Owner of a company who sells janitorial supplies, Peter Chua is definitely a businessman to look up to and I was fortunate enough to be able to interview him regarding his business skills and techniques.
Tell me about your career. How did it all start?
       “I started when I was second year high school, doing sales, being a salesman during Saturdays.”
What inspired you to be a businessman?
       “It’s because of the money, the earnings that you get out of it.”
What do you like most about being a businessman?
       “Ofcourse, money.”
10 years ago, did you think of yourself as the person you are today?
       “No, I don’t think so. Well in business, I mean, you don’t really know which path it will lead you to. Everything is unexpected.”
What was a failure and how did you cope?
        “That time… my biggest failure…” (thinks deeply) “My biggest failure was when I was cheated in a business deal. And how did I cope up with it? I had to start from the beginning.”
How sure were you in the beginning that your business would succeed? What made you take that risk?
        “There’s no such thing as… sure, when you do business. (shakes his head) There’s always a trial and error. You just have to have the courage to take that risk, because there’s always a risk. You just have to be optimistic about it.”
What interests you most about your job/career?
         “The technology.”
What message can you give to those people who want to succeed as much as you have?
         “Never give up, never give up.”


2 comments: